Levenger: Levy Process Management & Garnishment Tracking
The first and only product of its kind, Levenger is a must-have resource for any organization wanting to reduce the liabilities associated with levies and garnishments, improve operational performance, and save time and money. Levenger automates the production of levy compliance tasks and eases the reporting burden by providing rich report features that allow you to track every step in the levy process. These two features will greatly enhance your ability to achieve regulatory compliance with respect to court ordered garnishments and IRS levies.
This powerful software is a holistic management tool that tracks every aspect of levy processing.
- Store levy, garnishment, and subpoena information
- Integrated check issuance
- Print MICR encoded GL Tickets, and letter payments with complete levy data
- Upload transactional data to core system
- Provide enhanced research and reporting tools
- Tracks and manages fee income
- Processes for local, state, and federal agencies
- Customized Response letters to attorneys, plaintiffs, customers and agencies
- Interface with Document Management Systems (custom feature)
Levenger solves these problems by providing a complete levy management system. Levenger handles every aspect of the levy process from the tracking and printing of response letters to the generation of Official Checks and GL tickets. Whether your team is centralized or diverse, Levenger is your enterprise solution.
Common process-related questions Levenger resolves:
- Will Levenger accommodate multiple state transactions?
Levenger’s design provides for the consolidation of all 50 states into one central location. Levenger accomplishes this by allowing the configuration of Levy Types and Levy Bodies to be unique to the state issuing the Levy.
- How are levy payments processed through Levenger?
Levenger has an integrated payments module designed to produce any MICR encoded document processed throughout the life of any levy document. These documents include official checks and general ledger tickets. Once, a levied amount is marked for payment, the official check is ready for printing with complete logo, digitized signature, and MICR information. A complete set of document securities and audit reports exist for check issuance processes.
- Will the system produce MICR-encoded general ledger tickets for customer debits and credits?
Levenger can be configured to produce any number of MICR encoded documents for customer holds and release. In addition, export files can also be generated to update core systems with customer debit and credit transactions. For printed requirements, Levenger can also produce file and customer copies. The generating and printing of these documents is seamless and automatic based on account tasks completed by levy operators.
- How are partial release/payments handled?
Partial Payment and Release tasks are available for levy operators to schedule and complete. This gives your team members complete access to defining how funds are released and in what quantity to release back to the customer or levying body. Associated payments and general ledger tickets will print based on system configurations (if applicable).
- With varying process requirements at local, state, and federal levels; how does Levenger accommodate these process requirements?
Each levy type will have its own set of unique tasks and task deadlines. This provides your team flexibility in configuring and managing task requirements for any document at any level. Each task can either be assigned, available, or pre-selected with a scheduled due date to provide your team with necessary process requirements to ensure total compliance.
- In addition to varying process requirements, we also have response letters to create and send to levying bodies, attorneys, and customers. How will Levenger create custom response letters for each recipient?
An embedded Rich Text Format (RTF) editor is included in Levenger. This tool stores and manages all letter templates. Each letter is assigned to one or more levy types and uses powerful document macros to pull in levy entry information. Letters will be configured based on recipient information to ensure correct information is presented.
- Our letters to the court can be complex, containing many different possible responses. Can Levenger handle this complexity?
Yes. Levenger can be customized to build conditional responses. In addition, each letter can be saved in RTF format for further editing, filing or research as desired.
- What about Protected Funds (Federal Exempt benefits)?
Levenger understands Federally Protected Funds. Once protected funds have been identified, Levenger will create the Protected Funds letter for the customer and report protected funds on the letter to the court.
- In addition to Federally Protected Funds, some states specify a minimum balance to be protected in a customer’s account. Can Levenger protect funds at this level in addition to Federally Protected Funds?
Yes. Once state protected funds have been identified, Levenger will report on those funds in the response letter to the court as needed.